Search results for "dark kitchen"
- Food ManagementNovember 26, 2020Ghostly growth: the rise of dark kitchens
The growth of dark or ghost kitchens has accelerated in this challenging year as the delivery-only concept has provided foodservice operators with a different way to trade during the pandemic.
- Food ManagementDecember 14, 2021TrendTalk: How ghost kitchens are changing the market for the future
The latest TrendTalk webinar from Rational focused on charting the future of the sector.
- Food ManagementSeptember 28, 2021TrendTalk: Retail meets ghost kitchens
Ghost kitchens, dark stores and where retail delivery converges with the biggest growth area in foodservice: the fourth TrendTalk webinar from Rational discussed the market, the opportunity and the future.
- Food TechJuly 14, 2021Ghost kitchens: growing the concept
From multi-purpose equipment to software that evolves with your business, take a look at the next stages in the growth of ghost kitchens globally.
- Food ManagementMay 6, 2021Ghost kitchens: Operational recipes for success
From the power of effective storytelling to a discussion of piano-playing cat memes – and a host of technical detail in between – Rational’s latest webinar addressed the next stage of ghost kitchen development: operational success.
- Food ManagementMarch 8, 2021All about Ghost Kitchens
Ghost kitchens were already a strong trend before Covid-19 turned the world upside down. A Trend Talk webinar from Rational debates their place in the foodservice offering of the future.
- Food ManagementFebruary 10, 2020Commercial and domestic kitchens: Dependable and durable or dramatic change ahead?
Commercial and domestic kitchens as we know them are set for dramatic, perhaps even revolutionary change, according to research by investment banking firm UBS. But are they right?
- Food ManagementJune 19, 2019Inside a Ghost kitchen: “Trends change very quickly”
Food delivery means eating what you want, wherever and whenever you want it. It’s a huge market already, and these days, it’s practically exploding. One fairly cool new resulting development: ghost kitchens. They churn out food without having a connected restaurant...
- Food ManagementJanuary 1, 2019Ghost kitchen – gastronomic revolutionaries
Abandoned parking lots in the shadows of tall bridges, romantic industrial settings, skylines... is this really where the gastronomic revolution is going to happen? Here, among the shipping containers that blend harmoniously into the desolate landscape? Of course! The epicenter of...
- Food TrendsAugust 7, 2020From social media to a socially distanced new food experience
How one UK restaurant business, started by YouTube star Mikey Pearce, has embraced the concept of dark kitchens as a way forward in the restrictive landscape of Covid-19.
- Food ManagementJuly 1, 2019Uber Eats – how the ride-sharing service is racing to the front of the delivery market
I’ll call an Uber! - A few years ago, most of us only heard that phrase on American TV shows, but now it’s become totally normal all over the world. But now everyone’s favorite peer-to-peer taxi service has started giving “rides”...
- Food TrendsDecember 8, 2022Delicious and healthy food concept – POKE HOUSE RULES
With a growing consumer appetite for delicious healthy food, Poke House has been serving up poke bowls in its uniquely styled premises across Europe. UK Country Manager Juan Mosqueda spoke to Jacquetta Picton about its expansion plans and encouraging growth in...
- Food PeopleJanuary 27, 2022Star chef Antonia Klugmann: The dream catcher
Antonia Klugmann is one of Italy’s most promising chefs. Why she was declared utterly mad twice in her life and how a tragic car accident turned her into a restaurateur.
- Food TrendsJanuary 5, 2022Top ten foodservice trends for 2022
Looking ahead to 2022 and beyond, to see the key trends that will dominate foodservice and hospitality
- Food TrendsDecember 28, 2021The future of virtual restaurants
Katie Morris explores how this sector will evolve in 2022 and beyond
- Food ManagementJune 24, 2021Convenience vs. customer experience: the food delivery trade-off?
Food delivery operators, using ghost kitchens, all aspire to be different, better and special, but can they ever truly match a quality restaurant experience without compromising on convenience, and vice versa?
- Food ManagementJanuary 12, 202110 key foodservice trends in 2021
The year 2020 was a year for the industry to forget, but a New Year brings new hope. It also brings new trends – plus, the continuation of some current ones into 2021.
- Food ManagementDecember 16, 2020Coping with the crisis
As we near the end of 2020 and the development of three vaccines against Covid-19 gives hope to us all, we explore the inevitable changes this past year has brought to the foodservice landscape
- Food TechNovember 16, 2020Virtual restaurants: new model hospitality?
After the worst few months in hospitality history is the app-powered takeout and delivery model of virtual restaurants a beacon of hope or the start of a slippery slope?
- Food ManagementAugust 11, 2020A flexible approach to foodservice
How social distancing and capacity limits, along with consumer confidence and footfall, have implications for the overall food-to-go environment
- Food ManagementJuly 22, 2020How to become an outstanding brand for hospitality
Edward Francis ditched his A levels to learn more about food, wine, design, branding and all the other ingredients of an unforgettable hospitality experience. In 2015 he felt good enough to set up his Rebel Agency and gradually evolved his business...
- Food ManagementJune 25, 2020Hospitality is ready to serve
As the foodservice world opens up in a post-pandemic era, we take a look at what customers, venturing out after months in lockdown, can expect to experience across the globe.
- Food ManagementJune 18, 2020Allergens in foodservice: the state of play
Before the Covid-19 pandemic struck, European hospitality had begun to focus increasingly on allergens and food safety across Europe. But as Jon Horsley discovers, there will still be some way to go to eliminate risk for diners when the shutdown is...
- Food ManagementDecember 20, 2019Hot stuff! Insights from the IoT Catering Summit
Cooking is analog art at its best. There's something to touch, see, smell, taste. Craft and emotions prevail – chilly computer technology has no place in the warm, sizzling empire of chefs. However, the Internet of Things still makes it past...
- Food TechDecember 18, 201920 global foodservice trends for 2020
It’s been another rollercoaster year for the worldwide foodservice and hospitality sector. What will 2020 hold? We’ve compiled a list of the top trends to keep you in the know.
- Food TechNovember 7, 2019How Artificial Intelligence is tracking the Food Trends of tomorrow
The food market used to be fairly stable and slow to change, but the Internet, social networks, and e-commerce have drastically accelerated and democratized the industry. New trends and crazes are popping up every day - how can anyone keep track...
- Food PeopleFebruary 10, 2023These are four inspiring foodservice influencers of LinkedIn
Combining the personal and the commercial, social influencers have become a powerful marketing tool. Five foodservice influencers are leveraging LinkedIn to reach new audiences.
- Food TrendsDecember 2, 2022The Maillard reaction – When cooking becomes a science.
The chef places a raw piece of beef in the cooking system, lets it cook for a couple of minutes with the right program and out comes a perfectly browned steak with an appetizing grill pattern – all thanks to the...
- Food ManagementNovember 22, 2022Hospitality: Rising energy prices force actions
Hospitality businesses are looking at ways to keep energy costs low as Europe faces hikes in energy bills
- Food TrendsSeptember 22, 2022Magic Mushrooms
Mushrooms embody hyper-regionality and can be prepared in a masterful manner using a wide variety of techniques. Why chanterelles are even too dangerous for worms and insects – and what parasites have something to say in the mysterious mushroom matrix.
- Food PeopleSeptember 13, 2022Eric Vildgaard: Great plates instead of terror.
Eric Vildgaard's story reads like the premise for an action-packed Hollywood sensation. That this former thug and drug dealer turned into one of the best chefs in Europe has everything to do with respect, precision and discipline – not to mention...
- Food TrendsMay 16, 2022Essential oils in foodservice – What a scent!
We know essential oils from alternative medicine, body care and ambient scenting, but we rarely find them in food and beverages. However, they are ideal for enhancing the flavor. A glimpse into aromatic cuisine.
- Food PeopleDecember 13, 2021Back to the roots
At Copenhagen's high-end restaurant AMASS, Californian Matt Orlando is bringing his vision of sustainability to life by making the most of leftovers culinary-wise. His hippie parents are partly responsible for this.
- Food TrendsNovember 5, 2021How jackfruit opens up new culinary worlds
Flour, puree, burritos, pickles... jackfruit is a lot more than just a meat substitute. Chef Johannes Marterer visits the Rolling Pin Soul Kitchen to show us just what jackfruit is capable of. And tells us why it's only a matter of...
- Food TrendsOctober 29, 2021Is the future of (fine) dining vegan?
From dubious whole-grain glop for militant hippies to Michelin-worthy culinary trend for the top chefs of tomorrow: why vegan food could become restaurants' new normal - and what giant power bills have to do with it.
- Food PeopleOctober 25, 2021New ways for sustainable gastronomy
Truly practicing sustainability in the gastronomy industry is a major challenge, because of the many and diverse ecological, social and economic aspects:
- Food ManagementJune 29, 2021Digitization creates gastro jobs
Corona has crippled traditional gastronomy. Delivery business is booming. But to really cash in on your web business, you have to come up with something special.
- Food TrendsAugust 3, 2020A glance into the culinary crystal ball: Hanni Rützler’s Food Report
A look back: In many ways, Hanni Rützler's Food Report is a lot like Santa Claus: you can hardly wait to see what goodies are in store for you. This year Rützler surprised us yet again by offering up a new...
- Food ManagementMay 18, 2020Zoom in to the New Work dangers for caterers
What do you mean return to work? I’ve been at work for the last 6 weeks, I was just using my home office. As I sat on one of my clients Zoom calls this week I could understand the perspective, although...
- Food ManagementApril 7, 2020The response to COVID19: How the restaurant sector is adapting from table service to delivery
As the Covid-19 pandemic continues its devasting spread, the foodservice industry across the globe is feeling the effects. With several countries now in lockdown and others encouraging extreme social distancing, dining out has become nearly impossible.
- Food TrendsJanuary 30, 2020Check out what’s fermenting!
Fermentation is the next big thing. Trendy kitchen professionals are catapulting techniques from the olden days directly into the future.
- Food PeopleSeptember 3, 2019Queen of the East
Thai chef Bee Satongun of the Michelin-starred Paste in Bangkok dishes up meals fit for royalty at Hangar-7, opening up new horizons for European diners - and not just in the culinary sense.
- Food PeopleApril 8, 2019Making a splash- Ángel León
Over the last ten years he has served everything from the sea except fish: How the chef and explorer Ángel León is revolutionizing the way we eat with his 3-star restaurant Aponiente in Cádiz.
- Food TrendsMarch 4, 2019Algorithmically delicious-How food pairing takes flavor to the next level
Chocolate with onions? Strawberries on burgers? Bananas with wheat beer? Food pairing uses databases and molecular chemistry to create combinations that don’t seem like they’d go together, but turn out to be spectacular new taste sensations.
- Food PeopleDecember 1, 2018You’re the wurst!
An American classic is getting a makeover in Berlin: Björn Swanson’s THE DAWG is taking hot dogs to new culinary heights.
- Food ManagementDecember 1, 2018New Survey: Gen Y trends that are driving tomorrow’s dining economy
Results from a new survey, which was conducted online in October 2018 by YouGov and sponsored by Planday, reveal three key drivers that Gen Y (Millennials born between 1980 and 2000) indicate will shape the restaurant sector of tomorrow.
- Food ManagementDecember 1, 2018Bugs, not bunny: how insects are revolutionizing gastronomy
Bangkok: a small restaurant tucked away in a back courtyard. Dark facade, bronze nameplate, metal window shutters. Inside, it’s all high ceilings and vintage-industrial charm, with dark wood bathed in oversized lights and a random assortments of chairs dotting a landscape...
- Food TechDecember 1, 2018Artificial food and dairy substitutes – Comfort food from the science lab
New York, the not-too-distant future: gray smog lingers over the streets of an overpopulated city. The world’s natural resources are practically gone; precious water and food are astronomically expensive. While the majority of the impoverished populace struggles every day to find...
- Food ManagementDecember 1, 2018Four foodservice trends for 2019
Technology, sustainability and convenience are set to be the foodservice buzzwords for 2019, as Elly Earls discovers.